Consistency, color and even the smell of Cala can say a lot about human health. This fact was taken into account by more ancienthearters. Therefore, if suddenly, the chair in an adult suddenly shoved himself - this is a reason to seriously think about the causes of such changes. Perhaps everything is explained by quite ordinary and harmless things - for example, by eating certain products. But sometimes Black Cal indicates serious diseases that require immediate medical intervention. In addition, there are a number of chronic ailments and conditions in which the blackened chair in any case is a dangerous and very suspicious symptom.
Normal Color of Cala in Adult
The normal shade of the feces varies from yellowish brown to dark brown and can change slightly depending on the nature of the human nutrition and personal characteristics of his body. Such a color is ensured by the presence in the structure of Kala reworked bile intestine and non-digested food parts, which constituted the diet of a particular individual for the last few days. At the same time, a healthy chair must be decorated.
As a rule, everyone knows himself about what color the colors is normal for him, and therefore, when he becomes unusual, it is almost impossible to notice this.
Often Cal becomes black after drinking some foods in food, which give him such an unusual color. Red dining room beet, pomegranate, prunes, black currant, red grapes, blueberries - all these and many other fruits, vegetables and berries are able to change the color of the feces. The same effect has the use of food, such as sausages-bloods.
If, after analyzing its diet, after the detection of the black feet, the person comes to the conclusion that the cause of all individual products, and at the same time he feels healthy, and the chair is decorated, then nothing to worry about. It is enough to stop eating these fruits and berries to eat, and a maximum of a couple of days Cal will acquire his normal familiar shade.
Do not worry and in the case of the conventional color of black engines in the conventional color - this is just not digestible particles of food, which changed their shade into the gastrointestinal tract.
The resulting cause of serious concerns becomes the presence of inclusions in the root masses, which externally resemble small black worms. They are usually taken for worms and turn to doctors to pass tests and begin treatment. However, most likely, it is nothing more than a fiber banana eaten on the eve. And the real masts and helminty, like most other parasites, have a completely different color: white or yellowish.
Effect of drugs on color
Cal may suddenly refer after the reception of some pharmaceutical preparations. For example, the means used for the treatment and prevention of anemia contain iron, which gives the chaul such a color. The same effect can have many vitamin complexes, medicines containing bismuth, as well as activated carbon.
If a person who discovered a darkening of Kala, took on the eve of any medicines, it is necessary to carefully examine the instructions for them. Make sure that the whole thing in preparations can calm down - there is no harm to the body in this case.
It is worth noting that the drugs containing acetylsalicylic acid (the same aspirin), as well as some anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen, diclofinak, indomethacin, etc.) and drugs that reduce blood clotting, cannot be painted by cavalous masses. However, their reception sometimes becomes the cause of internal bleeding. Therefore, if the patient found a black chair (especially in the form of diarrhea) against the background of the treatment with these funds, it is necessary to immediately appeal for medical care.
Symptoms of disease
A suddenly blackened feces in adults are often a clinical symptom of internal bleeding. In most cases, everything is explained by the erosion of the blood vessel at the site of ulcers (most often "to blame" the ulcer of the stomach, much less often - a duodenal ulcer). That is why people suffering from ulcerative disease must be carefully monitoring the color and consistency of their felling masses. And if they suddenly become liquid and black - this is a reason for immediate appeal to the doctor.
Along with the blackening of the chair in patients suffering from internal bleeding, there are other manifestations of life-threatening condition: vomiting of coffee or scarlet and symptoms of blood loss, the intensity of which depends on its massiveness (dizziness, pallor, weakness, pulse, lowering the level of hemoglobin and arterial Pressure).
In addition to bleeding ulcers, various bowel diseases, tumors in the stomach, varicose veins of the esophagus can become the cause of the black chair. It happens that other dangerous diseases are both:
- acute form of lymphoblastic leukemia;
- Crohn's disease;
Black feces in children
Fortunately, children have the causes of black feces in the overwhelming majority of cases are quite harmless. They extremely rarely meet those serious and life-threatening states that are painted in black color adult chair.
Newly minted parents often scares the color and consistency of Cala Crocha, which stands out during the first days of the life of the baby. Almost absolutely black and viscous chair in newborns is called Mekonia, and it is the norm. The color of the so-called firstborn feces is explained by its structure: it consists of bile, hair, digested cells of the epithelium, mucus, oily fluid and water. It will take quite a bit of time, and a child's chair will acquire a light yellow or mustard color for such kids.
If Kal acquired a black color in children of older age, it is a reason for their parents to analyze the composition of all food and medicine that the child took the day before. If he eating blueberries, bananas, blackberries and some other fruits, vegetables and berries, a new mixture was introduced into his diet, the child was treated with some drugs (in this case, it is necessary to carefully familiarize themselves with their instructions) or the baby gave activated carbon, then, rather In total, you should not beat the alarm. Especially if the child feels healthy and how usually cheerful and active.
In the case when the appearance of a black feces is accompanied by a general deterioration in the state of the child and there is anxiety symptoms (abdominal pain, nausea, weakness, dizziness, constipation or diarrhea, vomiting, etc.), then it is necessary to urgently cause a doctor. In children, especially very small, all hazardous states can develop with a much higher speed than adults.
Symptom in pregnant women
Black feces in pregnant women - the phenomenon is quite common. At the same time, pregnancy and childbirth are not the reason for the darkening of the chair. As a rule, such changes are very frightening future mothers. Indeed, during the tooling of the child, so unwanted to endure any disease and take extra medicines - after all, all this can adversely affect the state of the fetus.
Do not fall into panic - usually the cause of the black feces in pregnant women lies in the fact that they take the vitamin complexes enriched with iron. In addition, women waiting for the baby, try to eat as much fruit, berries and vegetables as possible, which also contain iron. Oxidizing the gastric juice, this element stains in black colors of cartoons.
Therefore, if the appearance of a black chair is not accompanied by a general deterioration of well-being and disturbing symptoms, nothing to worry about. But if you have a history of pregnant peptic ulcer or any chronic gastrointestinal disease, it is worth alerting and passing an additional examination.
What to do?
Each person who discovered black feces, one way or another begins to worry about what is the cause of such changes. In any case, you should not panic ahead of time and, moreover, let everything on samonek. The following actions must be taken:
- Thoroughly explore the diet of your food over the past few days. If it was present in the food, about which it was above (beets, currant, blood sausage, pomegranate, etc.), then, most likely, they are the stools in an unusual black color. The reason may be the reception of some medical preparations (they also said before). In the case when recently a person ate ordinary food and did not accept any drugs, the sudden blackening of the chair may indicate the development of life-threatening states. And in this case, a visit to the doctor to postpone by no means.
- Watch the consistency and color of the carts for several days. If the reasons are harmless and non-hazardous (use in food of certain products and the reception of medicines), the chair is normalized at most a couple of days after their elimination. In the case when the calla is black due to serious diseases, this will not happen. Especially there should be a perpetual black diarrhea from time to time.
- Pay close attention to the well-being of a person whose channel suddenly became black. Does he look like a sick? What was his state of health in recent weeks and months preceding sharp handwriting chairs? Does he suffer from chronic diseases?
If the reasons for changing the color of the feces are harmless, then the human well-being remains unchanged: he feels healthy and full forces. In cases where the appearance of a black chair is accompanied by constipation, the bloating, anemia, vomiting, heartburn, nausea, abdominal pain, and other disturbing painful symptoms, the intensity of which is also increasing in time, the speech is most likely to be about serious illnesses or their Complications.
When should I beat the alarm?
There are situations when, when the black feces appear to postpone the visit to the doctor in any case, it is dangerous for life. For people suffering from some diseases (or having hereditary predisposition), as well as in the presence of separate suspicious symptoms, the black chair is an indication for immediate hospitalization for a thorough examination, identify the causes of changes and eliminate them.
So, the blackened cavalous masses should immediately alert a man who is sick of intestinal cancer. In any case, it is worth contacting even those whose relatives suffered from this oncological disease.
The presence of a liver or chronic hepatitis cirrhosis history is also a reason for an immediate visit to the doctor when a black chair is detected. The same applies to patients suffering from ulcerative disease.
If the analysis of the blood of a particular person regularly shows anemia, and suddenly his chair acquired a black color, he just should be immediately informed about this doctor who will make a plan for further action.
In case of sudden blackfunction, the feces immediately need to seek qualified assistance and in the case of the following symptoms:
- temperature increase;
- Massive vomiting on the eve of the detection of the black chair, especially arising against the consumption of alcohol.
So, the black feces itself is not dangerous. But it can signal about serious problems in the body, up to states capable of timely assistance to lead to a fatal outcome. On the other hand, everything is often explained by a banal meal to eat some products that are painted in a unusual color. In any case, it is not worthwhile to "disguise" the study of the state of its own chair and, even more so, it is impossible to not pay attention to its changes. The nature of Mudra - it provided for a whole system of signals and markers, which should make a person think about whether everything is in order with him.
Normal chair (feces) is usually light dark brown. It is important to closely monitor the change in the color and the consistency of the wheel masses, because even the minimum deviation from the norm may be a signal of serious problems in the body. Symptoms associated with a chair, if any, appear when the use of food, beverages or due to the presence of diseases. The reason may be a diet (enriched with green or dairy products, beet). Changes in the color of the chair are also in diarrhea, bleeding and diseases in the intestines, liver or pancreas, drugs.
The chair in a healthy person is usually light-dark brown, some people have a moderate variability of the shade, quantity and shape. When these changes occur, it can talk about the presence of a disease or may be a reaction to nutrition, etc.
The color of the chair (feces, feces) is most often brown. When the carte masses change, a feeling of anxiety often appears. The presence of bilirubin in bile (the product of the decay of hemoglobin from erythrocytes, which is usually destroyed after the useful life for a few weeks) is usually responsible for the color of the chair. The bilirubin concentration can vary, so the stew changes from a light yellow shade to almost black. Changes in the chemical structure may lead to the fact that the feces will become green or yellow. Yellow feces can occur when diluting the chair or decrease the amount of bilirubin, which is produced by the liver. Bacteria and digestive enzymes in the intestines can act on bilirubin and change it. Most color changes in the chair have little meaning, but some of them are especially not single, mean that the body needs to be carefully and comprehensively explore.
In most cases, changes in the colors of the chair are not symptoms of the disease. Causes of color change, texture and shape of the chair: diarrhea (green or yellow chair); Products (leafy green vegetables, beets); Certain drugs; diseases affecting the liver, pancreas and intestines; Bleeding in the intestinal tract.
The table shows the color of the feces and the cause of its appearance.
|Inflammatory bowel disease|
|Infection, diverticular bleeding|
|Green||May be normal|
|High green vegetables diet|
|Associated with diarrhea|
|Yellow||Diseases of the pancreas|
|Colecia, cystic fibrosis|
|Clay, pale yellow or white||Hepatic disease|
If the chair passes too quickly through the intestines, it may not be enough time to digest the bile and its destruction to provide a normal brown color. Usually, the bile is chemically changed by bacteria in the intestine to a greenish brown shade. It takes time to ensure that it has completely changed in the intestines and again became brown, and if the time of passing is short, for example, when a person has a diarrhea, Cal acquires a slight green shade.
The green chair in some cases is considered an option for the norm. It is also able to cause a diet rich in green vegetables, especially spinach. Additives with iron can provoke a specific change, although iron more often turns the chair into black.
Yellow and fat feces with a pronounced smell
There are many reasons why feces will be yellow, fatty and with an unpleasant smell. This may be due to the intestinal inequality to digest and absorb fat because of the diseases of the intestinal shell (for example, with celiac disease and cystic fibrosis), because the pancreas fails to independently produce adequate digestive enzymes. The yellowness and unpleasant odor is due to non-digestible fat.
Bright red feces
The most common cause of a bright red chair in adults is bleeding due to the presence of hemorrhoids. In infants, the most common situation is an anal crack or a gap in the cloth surrounding the anus. Other factors for having bright red blood in a chair may be more serious, for example:
- intestinal infection;
- inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis);
- Arteriovenous malformations (an abnormal connection between the arteries and veins in the intestinal wall, which is broken).
Fast bleeding from ulcers in the esophagus, the stomach or duodenum can also lead to the fact that the stains in the wheel masses will be red, and not black, if there is no sufficient time to digest erythrocytes. Red food dyes and beets are able to give a scarlet shade feces.
Black Smoliy Cal.
The black chair is an alarming symptom because it is often associated with bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract (most often from the upper departments of the gastrointestinal tract, including the esophagus, the stomach and the duodenum). Red blood cells are destroyed by digestive enzymes and give feces black. They are usually sticky and with an unpleasant odor. Black resinous feces can not be ignored.
The blood from the nasal bleeding, from dental procedures or the injuries of the mouth can be swallowed and thus also provokes the appearance of black roasting masses.
Light white or clay faeces
White or clay chair is often visualized due to the occurrence of liver disease or bile ducts. It is also possible with pancreatic cancer, which blocks bile ducts. The absence of bile leads to the fact that the chair loses its brown color and leaves it pale.
Mucous allocations in cartoons
The mucus in feces may be normal. However, this also occurs in people with inflammatory bowel disease or cancer. The mucus with blood impurities or accompanying painful sensations cannot be ignored, it is important to seek professional medical care as soon as possible. People with irritable bowel syndrome can also have mucus elements in a chair.
Medicinal products that change the color of feces
The most common medicines that change the color of the chair are preparations with iron and bismuth, which turn the chair into black. Nevertheless, there are other substances affecting the shade of feces. The practical importance of this fact is that new drugs or nutritional supplements must be considered as the cause of any changes in the color of the feces.
Fekalya can "swim" due to a large amount of gas in their composition. In itself, this phenomenon is normal and has few reasons for concern. Changes in the diet often leads to increased gas formation in the intestine.
Any condition that theoretically causes an increase in the amount of gas can lead to a swimming of the chair, especially in conditions when malabsorption of nutrients (lactose intolerance, celiac disease), cystic fibrosis and short intestine syndrome.
Symptoms and risk factors
Changing the color and texture of the chair can be accompanied by any of the following symptoms:
- abdominal pain;
- rectal pain;
- change of intestinal habits;
- gas or stomach disorder;
- bad stool;
- unexpected weight loss;
- vomiting blood.
Factors that increase the risk of change in color and textures of feces are: chronic pancreatitis; cystic fibrosis; pancreatic cancer; diarrhea; inflammatory bowel disease; Diverticular bleeding; Diseases of the liver and bile ducts.
Which doctor treats the color change of the chair?
Most often, people associate with their doctor on primary health care with questions about the color of their chair. These include medical workers: therapists and pediatricians. Depending on the reason for changing the chair, the help of certain specialists may be required. For example, with a red or black chair, a gastroenterologist and a surgeon is needed due to bleeding to carry out endoscopy to search for a bleeding source in the stomach or in the intestine. These experts help to control other diseases of the intestinal tract, including Crohn's disease, pancreatitis and celiac disease, which cause color changes due to poor absorption of nutrients from the diet.
In most cases, the diagnosis, if there is no one, can not be made only in the color of the chair.
The patient and the doctor need to take into account other symptoms, last history of the disease, dietary changes and medicines to decide what caused the change in the color of the feces. The physical examination will be important when determining the value of this kind of symptomatology.
Fekalya can be studied for blood, fat or infection. The blood test is needed depending on the clinical situation (from the change of color it may be necessary to assess the pancreas, liver or gastrointestinal tract).
When should I contact your doctor?
Black, red or brown faeces that can mean bleeding is a symptom, pushing the patient to urgently consult a doctor. Most color changes are not an emergency. The value is determined on the basis of other factors that may be present.
Women during pregnancy often mark changes in their intestines. Cal can become black due to iron and vitamin supplements (iron gives the masses of greenish tint). Since the uterus increases and expands the pressure inside the pelvis, constipation occurs, develops hemorrhoids and causes a bloody streak.
If there is no main problem, color changes often occur due to innovations in the diet and are allowed themselves after a couple of days. Contact your health care professionals if you have changes in the color of feces and associated symptoms, such as vomiting, diarrhea, fever or abdominal pain.
It is important to remember that each person has its own body and features associated with it. Changes in the intestinal habit are a color, size, frequency and consistency (may be normal for one person or a sign of a potential problem for another).
- Bloom Stewart, Webster George. - Handbook of gastroenterology and hepatology. - Gootar Media - M., 2016. - 592 c.
Velvikova Nina Vladislavovna
Specialty: infectious, gastroenterologist, pulmonologist .
Common experience: 35 years .
Education: 1975-1982, 1mmi, San Gig, Higher Qualification, Infectious Physics .
We will be grateful if you use the buttons:
Sometimes it happens that the feces can be painted black. Noticing, such changes, many begin to worry, which can be quite justified. Such coloration of feces happens under a number of serious diseases, but also the reason for some drugs that are taken by a person can become the cause. From this article you will learn why sometimes calus can be black.
What color is normal?
Each person has a chal color can be different at different times. The color of the feces in an adult can be from yellowish brown to dark brown. The color of the chair depends on the fact that a man ate in the previous few days, from the amount of bile in feces, with violations of the outflow of bile Cal will be light.
Sometimes Kal may seem black, but in fact it will be dark brown. To determine black whether the colors of Cal or dark brown can be a simple test at home.
On the sheet of white paper, apply some felling masses and distribute the feces in a very thin layer on paper. Thus, the color will manifest more accurately.
If a person discovered his feces of black, then it is important for him to know the probable causes of this phenomenon. Consider the main etiological factors:
- Eating foods that are able to paint the carts in black in the last 3 days
As a result of digesting the prunes, a large amount of beet or red grapes, calus may darken or it will even be painted in black. If it was suspicious that this was the reason for the appearance of such a stool color, these products from the diet should be excluded for 4-5 days and all this time is to watch the coloring stool. If 3 days after you have consumed these food products remain black, then you should look for another reason for this.
- Reception of some medicines.
A number of drugs can cause steaming in black. These include iron preparations for anemia (sorbifer, Ferrum Lek, Akitferrin, Malto and others). Also, activated black coal and bismuth preparations (de nol, bisoofalc) have a similar effect. The appearance of dark or black coloration feces is not a contraindication to the continuation of the reception of drugs. All changes in the treatment regimen should be carried out by a doctor, the unauthorized abolition of drugs is fraught with serious consequences.
In case you are taking bismuth preparations for the treatment of peptic ulcer, the differentiation of two etiological factors is necessary - receiving these drugs or bleeding from ulcers.
- Bleeding from the organs of the gastrointestinal tract
When bleeding from the esophagus (bleeding from varicosely extended veins of the esophagus, esophageal injury, Mallory-Weiss syndrome) or stomach (stomach ulcer, stomach cancer) The chair is painted black, it is also called melen. At the same time, as a rule, there are other symptoms, for example, pain in the epigastric region, weakness, nausea, vomiting. Romatic masses have the form and color of the coffee grounds. But with a small bleeding, the first and only symptom can be the appearance of a black chair.
Reception of antiagregants (aspirin, cardiomagnet) and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen, diclofenac and their analogs) can provoke bleeding in patients with a gastric ulcer or duodenum. Although the drugs themselves and do not paint the chair in black, but they can cause bleeding!
What can help in differentiate probable reasons for the color of the chair in the dark color?
- General health - If the cause is a bleeding, then the appearance of symptoms caused by blood loss is more likely - weakness, pallor of the skin, sticky sweat, pain in the epigastria. If the cause of such a color of the scene has become food or taking drugs, then overall well-being, as a rule, remains normal.
- The duration of this symptom - If the reason is the reception of certain products, Cal takes the usual color after they excluded the "coloring" products after 1-2 days. When bleeding and long-term reception of "coloring" medicines, a chair can be black for a long time. If the reason was in the reception of drugs, the usual coloring of the chair appears after their cancellation, which is made by the doctor at the end of the course of treatment.
What can be accompanied by the appearance of a black chair in adults? What could be the features?
- Small splashes of black - There may be as a result of eating fruit with small grains or bones (raspberry, grapes).
- Black worms in feces - Often they are mistaken for parasites. But, as a rule, the reason is to eat in the food of a large number of bananas. The worms are usually whiff or yellowish.
- Liquid Black Cal. - most often happens with gastrointestinal bleeding. As a result of the effects of digestive enzymes and hydrochloric acid, blood in feces becomes black, it causes such a coloration of feces. When bleeding from the thick intestine, the feces will not be black, but will have the kind of "raspberry jelly" (see Bleeding from the rear pass).
- Black Stools with Stucking Blood - maybe under a number of diseases of the thick bowel, for example, with Crohn's disease. In this case, it is necessary to urgently consult a doctor.
- The appearance of a black chair in the postoperative period - It may be a sign of internal bleeding, most likely when carrying out an operation on the stomach, the upper departments of the intestine or esophagus.
- Black and green feces accompanied by temperature lift . With a lot of probability, you can assume the presence of a serious intestinal infection, the treatment of which should be carried out in the hospital.
- Black feces during pregnancy . Pregnancy and childbirth affect the intestinal peristalsis, but do not affect the color of the chair. Therefore, pregnant women have all the above listed causes can lead to a change in the color of the chair. Pregnant women often the reason for the color of the chair in the dark color becomes the reception of iron preparations, since they are not rarely found anemia.
Black chair in children
If the black feces appeared in a child, it can very concern parents. The child of the first days of life is distinguished by Mekonia - Cal, which was accumulated during the intrauterine development. It may have a dark color, almost black. After 2-3 days, it replaces the feces of ordinary color. Depending on what type of food is a newborn, it can be from light yellow to dark mustard liquid consistency.
In children, a slightly older feces can become dark with artificial feeding, the use of cow milk (which is not permissible up to 2 years) or drugs containing protein of cow milk (colibacterin).
But in these cases, Kal is usually not black, but dark brown, at first glance, it may seem black. For differentiation, a test should be carried out above.
If the child is restless, crying, he has a bad appetite and his black chair appeared, then you should consult a doctor! Even in young children are given gastrointestinal bleeding. Especially often they can be in children who use a cow or goat milk.
The degree of bleeding from the resulting damage to the intestinal mucosa can be from insignificant, but with time leading to iron deficiency anemia to strong.
In which cases it is necessary to refer to the doctor when the black chair is detected?
- The black chair is accompanied by the appearance of vomiting and (or) temperature.
- The presence of ulcerative ulcer of the stomach and (or) duodenal intestine in history.
- For blood tests, iron deficiency anemia is detected.
- The presence of a liver cirrhosis and (or) hepatitis.
- Recently there was a strong vomiting, especially if it was caused by the reception of alcoholic beverages (probable Mallory Weiss syndrome).
- Insecurity cancer or stomach in history of man or his relatives.
- If this is a child, and he became a restless, turning, refuses to eat or too sluggish.
The normal shade of the chair is brown, although the allowable color range is quite wide. If strong changes occur, for example, a black calm appears, it can easily cause anxiety. In fact, the value of such a symptom happens differently. Some causes are completely harmless, and others are quite serious diseases.
If significant changes occur in the colors of the feces, then, first of all, it is necessary to think about what products or drugs have been accepted lately. The chair is very easy to paint, for example, due to ordinary prunes.
In this case, it is enough to wait a few days, excluding the probable cause of a new color from the ration. If during this time there were no improvement, then you will have to consult a doctor to find the cause.
Causes of Dark Stool
The reasons for the appearance of black feces can be different and its appearance does not always mean something bad. This phenomenon may occur both in a woman and a man. Children are also not insured against black feces. All the reasons why Kal acquires black color can be divided into two main categories:
Physiological reasons are less dangerous and usually pass after the source exception. Pathological associated with dangerous changes in the body and often require medical intervention. The main factor in the detection of the root cause is the general well-being of a person.
What products cause black feces
If you saw your own black feces - it's not worth a panic right away. Most likely the reason is in food eaten on the eve. In the vast majority of cases, this is exactly the reason for changing the color of feces.
Kala leads the most common products:
- After beet and salads with it;
- Red wine;
- blueberries, blueberries, currant, pomegranate, black grapes, blackboard, blackberry;
- dried fruits from prunes;
- Tomatoes and juice of them;
- So-called blood sausages and steaks of a weak degree of roasted;
All the more should not worry, if the change of color of the feces is not accompanied by painful or uncomfortable sensations. Just observe the character of the chair for several days. If the changes are caused by food, then during this time everything is normalized.
Drugs due to which feces darkens
- Activated coal, which is often taken with intoxication. During the removal of coal from the body, the color of Cala changes on black. Such a phenomenon can last a few days, and then everything passes without consequences.
- Medicines aspirin, nimesil, ibuprofen and the use of antibiotics during long-term use can also change the color of the carts.
- Bismuth-containing drugs appointed in the treatment of intestinal ulcers and other pathologies developing in a duodenum.
- Some vitamins affect the color of excrement (which includes blueberries or iron) and iron-containing drugs. Changing the color of the feces is not an indication to stop receiving the drug. Cal can keep black color throughout the course of therapy and up to 7 days after its end.
Dark Cal: List of possible diseases
The appearance of a dark feces in an adult can signal the following diseases:
- Food poisoning is considered to be the most common cause of any problems with the feces in humans. Various viruses and bacteria that penetrate the gastrointestinal tract with dirty, non-baking or poorly cooked products can provoke intoxicating the body. To suspect the poisoning is possible in the occurrence of such concomitant signs, as the attacks of nausea and vomiting, chair disorder, headache and dark green chair. Separate types of poisoning are a serious threat to the patient's health and can provoke dysbacteriosis and chronic enteritis.
- The ulcer is a very common cause of internal bleeding. Ulcers are open wounds, which, when contacting food, begins to bleed. The blood is then transported in a thick intestine and stirred with a feet.
- The diverticulitis of the intestines is a dangerous pathological condition, which is accompanied by a rapidly progressive inflammatory process in the intestinal mucosa. Diverticulus is the protrusion of intestinal walls of a small size, resembling hernia. The leading reason for their appearance is the weakness of the intestine muscles and constant problems with the intestinal emptying. The diverticulus usually manifests itself acutely, and inflammation of the intestine causes a change in the color and composition of the carte masses, as well as the rise of body temperature and increased gas formation. In addition, the patient complains of the absence of appetite, the attacks of nausea and vomiting in combination with the deterioration of general well-being.
- Bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract most often appears as a complication of stomach ulcers or varicose veins. When bleeding in the digestion system, the patient complains about an unexpected deterioration of general well-being, the development of the strongest vomiting, a change in the consistency of the forces and their color in the dark color. This state is considered extremely difficult and can lead to the death of the patient.
- Varicose extension of the veins of the esophagus is a violation of Ezophageal veins in the esophagus. The disease can manifest itself a stupid pain behind the sternum, nausea, the appearance of a black chair of a liquid consistency, a sharp weight loss.
- Colitis is a disease that is accompanied by the development of the inflammatory process in the colon. The main reason for its development is bacterial infection, poisoning of chemicals and severe stress. In fact, the tendency to inflammatory processes in the intestine is inherited. A bright signs of colitis are considered permanent urge to the toilet, the cutting of the feces in the dark color, the rise of body temperature and pain in the stomach. Most often, with such a pathology, Kal becomes liquid and blood can be present in it. Such a sign may indicate that the human body cannot sufficiently absorb carbohydrates.
- Hemorrhoids. It is characterized by inflammation of hemorrhoids. There is due to lifting weights, a sedentary lifestyle, constipation and defecation problems. It manifests itself with bleeding outside of feces - feces can be brown, and a small stream of blood flows from the anal hole separately, which introduces the patient into confusion.
- Cancer of the stomach, esophagus, duodenal - oncological processes that develop as a result of ulcers, polyps and other diseases are manifested by periodic darkening of the colors of feces and vomiting with blood.
The black feces caused by the tractology of the gastrointestinal tract requires an immediate survey by the doctor, identifying its causes and treatment. Internal bleeding can occur somewhat in different ways, requiring emergency care - emergency call. Bleeding from the gastrointestinal organs is usually accompanied by additional symptoms:
- weakness, dizziness;
- vomiting with blood;
- Short pale.
With strong bleeding, it is quite quickly developing in acute form of heart failure, accompanied by painful sensations. The state will only deteriorate and can lead to a fatal outcome. Before the arrival of emergency to make medicines to stop it, it is not recommended. In the postoperative period, such a symptom may indicate the development of bleeding.
Dark Cal for Pregnancy: Causes
The dark color of Cala can observe and pregnant women, which is directly related to the presence of the following states:
- Iron-deficiency anemia. The change in the color of the chair causes the disease itself, but the need to adjust the condition of the body with iron preparations (without them the level of hemoglobin remains unchanged, which will affect the state of the fetus and the mother).
- Violation of the functional activity of the liver. Additional (and in some cases excessive) the load on the liver of women is noted during the period of to wear. This is due to the expansion of the diet, the need to take certain medicines. The sign of the problem with the liver will, first of all, a very dark chair, an unpleasant bitter taste on the place of contact of the root of the tongue with a naba, stupid pain in the right side, increased fatigue, drowsiness.
Despite the specified reasons, future mothers need to know that both of these states can be eliminated before pregnancy - to do the correction of the level of hemoglobin, the treatment of the liver. It is necessary to focus on the fact that these health problems are not associated with hormonal changes inherent in the body of pregnant women.
In the absence of explicit signs of malaise, you can watch several days behind the change in the color of the stool. If the reason is the flow in the body of coloring substances with the products, then after their exclusion from the ration, the color should normal. When saving a problem for several days, you should contact your doctor for diagnostics.
The problems in the work of the digestive system indicates the black and smell of feces. At the same time, by the nature of the smell, you can determine the most likely problem area in the human body.
The nature of the smell says a lot:
- Pinged - problems in the digestive system associated with violation of protein cleavage processes or inflammation of a thick intestine of chronic form;
- Furious - the problems of the digestive tract, associated with pancreatic secretion or a disadvantage of bile in the intestine;
- Acredi - the presence of dyspepsia, that is, the lack of enzymes.
To determine the causes and treatment, the following tests are assigned:
- Coprogram. The color of the chair, mucus and slices of undigested food are evaluated with a naked eye. You can also identify small splashes in feces, such as vile or threads. This method allows you to detect altered erythrocytes in feces using a microscopic study - a sign of bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract.
- Analysis of the chair on the dysenteric group with the definition of sensitivity to antibiotics. If black or dark green feces appeared, diarrhea, the temperature rose and the stomach hurts - these are symptoms of infectious disease (cigellosis, salmonellosis).
- Analysis of the chair on the hidden blood (Gregersen or IhA). Prescribed with a normal hue of the carts, if there is a sign of the presence of inner bleeding. A week before the analysis, it is necessary to comply with a special diet, which means eliminate meat, liver, fish and tomatoes. Avoid using oral medications (bismuth, iron preparations). Do not clean your teeth 3 days before analysis.
- Common blood test with leukocyte formula. The targeted calories speaks of abundant bleeding, which is accompanied by clinical signs of anemia (pallor, shortness of breath) and changes in blood test: the hemoglobin and hematocrit level becomes less than the norm.
Such diagnostic methods make it possible to accurately determine the presence of pathological changes in the human body and develop tactics of therapeutic treatment.
Under what circumstances do you need to urgently call an ambulance?
If the reason for the appearance of an unusual fellow in humans is the bleeding or development of the disease, it is usually accompanied by:
- Poles in the stomach;
- increasing temperature (sometimes very sharp and dangerous - up to 41 ° C);
- nausea and / or vomiting (including blood);
- the presence of blood in feces;
- Bleeding from the rear pass.
If you have at least one of the listed symptoms, immediately call an ambulance or try to get to the hospital as soon as possible!
It is especially important to do if you have a diagnosis of ulcers, cirrhosis, hepatitis, or another disease described in previous sections. Remember that even a 5-minute delay can cause a fatal outcome, since it often calmed a very dark or black and green color is the consequence of internal bleeding. Also, you should not pull with a visit to the doctor if the symptoms have been observed with you for several days or the problem arose with a small child older than one week.
Prevention of feces of black color consists in:
- use of a small number of products such as blood sausage, grapes, prunes, blueberries, tea and coffee, as well as medicines that can paint out;
- compliance with rational food - dishes should not be high calorie;
- At the first symptoms of violation of the work of the gastrointestinal organs, seek advice from specialists. As soon as possible, this should be done if this feature of the color of the feces was discovered in children, because the pathological processes in the children's body proceed much faster than in adult;
- Regular visits to the obstetrician-gynecologist a pregnant woman;
- The passage of inspection in the clinic is at least twice a year.
The article is prepared by a specialist for informational purposes. We urge you not to engage in self-medication. When the first symptoms appear - contact your doctor. We recommend reading: "Why can not be engaged in self-medication?".
Calate staining in black is not always becoming a dangerous symptom, although in the norm of a healthy person's chair has a brown color of various shades. Almost every person notices the slightest changes in the color and consistency of Cala, because he knows the features of his own chair.
The brown color of the feces is due to the fact that they contain particles of undigested food eaten for 2-3 days, and bile participating in the processing of food lumps.
What does Black Cala say?
Possible causes of black feces can be the pathology of the stomach and intestines, complications of serious diseases.
What to do if an adult or a child has a black chair :
Analyze the set of products eaten over the past few days;
Over the course of several days, monitor the changes in the color, the consistency and the frequency of the chair.
The list of products should include all drinks, vitamins, and medicines taken by a person. If the reason for changing the color of the feces is certain products or medicines, it is not necessary to fear that negative changes have occurred in the body.
It may be:
It is important to carefully study the instructions for using the medicine to foresee such a side effect like a black shade of feces.
If the set of used products has not changed lately, and there was no need to take medication, when the black feces appear to urgently ask for medical help. The possible cause of such changes is internal bleeding, which has arisen due to taking drugs that reduce blood clotting. They do not change the color of the feces, but provoke bleeding in the gastrointestinal organs, is extremely dangerous if you do not receive medical care in a timely manner.
When changing the usual color of the feces on black due to the presumptive use of staining feces of products or drugs, it is necessary to watch your chair. If, after withdrawal from the diet of the product or removal of the drug, the color of the feces returned to the norm in a few days, you can not be afraid of pathological changes in the body.
If after these events periodically observed changes in the colors of the chair, and its consistency becomes liquid, the examination should be examined to determine the cause of such changes.
General symptoms, in the presence of a black chair
A person whose chair has changed the color, the appearance, mood and well-being can change. Looking from the side on an adult or child with such a symptom, it is easy to see, his appearance remains the same or painful. No discomfort and well-being against the background of the use of certain products or drugs provoking the appearance of a black shade of feces, confirms the health status rate.
The fact that the patient needs a doctor's help, such manifestations are indicated:
It is worth alerting if there is hepatitis, cancer, cirrhosis, stomach ulcers in anamnesis. It is possible that the black color of feces is a sign of complication of existing diseases.
Dangerous symptoms arising against the background of changing the color of Cala:
Increasing body temperature;
The history of the ulcer of the stomach or 12-rosewood, cirrhosis, oncological diseases;
Nausea and vomiting;
Alcohol poisoning accompanied by severe vomiting shortly before the advent of black shade of feces;
Received anemia during blood test.
Causes of Black Cala
Coloring feces in black in the use of some products or drugs can be both uniform and having a grain structure. Dark enclosures in feces are remnants of undigested foods and drugs that give the color of calves as a result of a biochemical reaction.
Sometimes parents fall into panic, finding black worms in feces in feces, taking them for worms. Meanwhile, these are untarable Banana residues eaten the day before. Parasites almost always have a bright color.
Black shade of feces in some cases indicates the presence of internal bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract. It can provoke ulcers, polyps, varicose veins of the esophagus. After getting blood into the stomach, it falls under the performance of the gastric juice, the color of it changes with red on black. The same coloring take action. Additional symptoms of such pathology - pallor, weakness, dizziness. When they appear, it should urgently apply for medical advice.
Causes of blood appearance in feces :
When bleeding in the lower departments of the intestine, the blood is not subjected to conversion and falls into faeces, retaining red. With a weak peristaltics of the intestine, blood from the ceiling of bleeding, even located at the beginning of the colon, stains the feces in black. In this case, the hemoglobin of blood is processed into gemina having a dark color.
When the black colors appears, the dark color of feces immediately indicates the internal bleeding and the need for immediate medical intervention. In the presence of the black chair in combination with an increased body temperature, symptoms indicate a possible intestinal infection and the need for an infectious examiner intervention.
Pregnancy is not a reason for changing the color of the chair and violations of the tract of the tract, therefore a similar symptom change in the color of the chair in a woman waiting for a child, has the same reasons as in the usual condition.
What if the black feces appeared in children?
Serious pathologies, the symptom of which can be inner bleeding and a dark shade of feces, very rarely found in children. When the black feces appear in the child, parents should pay attention to the children's diet and filling its products.
The original feces, or the Mekonia, standing in newborns, has a very dark shade. This is a natural phenomenon, so do not worry when it appears. After 2-3 days, the child's chair on the background of breastfeeding becomes light yellow, it has a liquid consistency.
Freshing a child breastfeeding with milk mixtures with vitamins and iron preparations can give a dark shade chaul. If the baby has a normal appetite, he does not capricious, calmly sleeps, the dark shade of the feces will not harm the child organism. When the temperature, restless behavior and other negative symptoms are worth consulting a doctor, regardless of the age of children.
With the appearance of atypical color and consistency of feces, the child should contact the pediatrician to determine the tactics of treatment and diagnose the cause of pathology. Symptoms such as pain syndrome, high temperature in a child on a black feces background - a reason to call emergency ambulance. They point to poisoning or internal bleeding, so, the sooner professional medical care was provided, the better the future state forecast of the child.
Article author: Volkov Dmitry Sergeevich | k. m. n. Surgeon, FlabogEducation:
Moscow State Medical and Dental University (1996). In 2003, he received a diploma of the Educational and Scientific Medical Center for the Office of the President of the Russian Federation.Our authors